My core is weak, apparently, which unduly taxes the muscles of my lower back where it comes to moving around, lifting, walking, dancing etc. I also blame my difficulty processing stress. I try to grunt through, shield myself from the worst of it with sleight of hand and focus on some task or tasks to get through. "Boys!" laughs a friend. "Feel your emotions! When will you learn?"
So, if all of this pain leads to a physical pain in my back that makes me lie down and breathe for a while, I guess it's a roundabout way to come to a meditation practice I've long known would help me. My doctor last week recommended I start in order to curb my blood pressure. David Lynch recommends it in order to make the world a more magical place. Thich Nhat Hanh says it will lead me to acceptance and clear my mind to experience, among other things, true love. Fine. I'm in. Situps, squats and meditation. I'll have a zen six-pack.
No comments:
Post a Comment