Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy friday, asshole

From the bulging file of unsent email in my drafts folder:

I never expected cruelty from you.

You never "broke up" with me, not out loud. The closest you've ever come was last week's "I still don't know if I'm prepared for us, you and me." which told me all I really need to know, though it's about as full of shit as your speech earlier in the month about how I'm too good for you. You fucking know and you've fucking known and you've been jerking me around to suit your need for drama.

I asked you again and again to be honest with me about your intentions, but time and again you lied. Sure, you were probably lying to yourself, to a certain extent, but I took you at your word. That's part of being in love with someone--you believe them when they say things like "My relationship with you was never in question" or "A life without you isn't an option" or "Ain't no sucker in the world that's a threat to us." bullshit. I can't get over how full of shit you are.

I could have begun to move on months ago when your feelings for me truly died, but you lied to me and strung me along, deliberately giving me false hope. It's not ok. I don't forgive you.

You've been doing it wrong.

--
If it's not about love, you're doing it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment